So I’m a pretty big Black Keys fan. You might have noticed I’m also a hip-hop fan. Needless to say, I was definitely excited when I heard The Black Keys were collaborating with some hip-hop heavyweights like RZA, Mos Def and Raekwon as BlakRoc.
-Raekwon and Dan Auerbach continue their stellar track record in 2009
-I love mash-ups, but I’m really glad this is a true collaboration album
-I’ve never been a huge M.O.P. fan, but Billy Danze sounds amazing over these blues rock beats
-Does Dame Dash know that NOE sounds a lot like a young Hova?
-I may have to pick this album up. Cop it this Friday.
1. Coochie (featuring Ludacris, Ol’ Dirty Bastard) – 4:10
2. On the Vista (featuring Mos Def) – 2:39
3. Hard Times (featuring NOE) – 2:38
4. Dollaz & Sense (featuring RZA, Pharoahe Monch) – 3:47
5. Why Can’t I Forget Him (featuring Nicole Wray) – 4:16
6. Stay Off the Fuckin’ Flowers (featuring Raekwon) – 2:31
7. Ain’t Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo) (featuring Mos Def, Jim Jones) – 3:23
8. Hope You’re Happy (featuring Billy Danze of M.O.P., Q-Tip, Nicole Wray) – 2:11
9. Tellin’ Me Things (featuring RZA) – 2:39
10. What You Do to Me (featuring Billy Danze, Jim Jones, Nicole Wray) – 5:14
11. Done Did It (featuring Nicole Wray, NOE) – 3:29
What’s your take? Buying the album? Is this a good look for the Black Keys? Has Dame Dash lost his mind?