The posting around here hasn’t been as active as I would like it to be, at least I’m increasing my mixtape output. Three in one month isn’t too shabby, right? The latest mixtape is a little more reserved than October’s effort, but its still filled with quality hip-hop, dance, folk and indie. Cee-Lo Green continues to impress with two features (“Bright Lights Big City”, “Old Fashioned”) from his highly anticipated album, Lady Killer. Lovely imports, Lykke Li and Duffy return from brief breaks and pick up where they left off with upbeat jams. I have been enamored with two covers this month: one from Mumford and Sons, who take on Old Crow Medicine Show’s forgotten gem “Wagon Wheel” and another from Shakira, which might not best the original, but will hopefully turn more listeners on to Mercury Award winners, the xx. Lastly, Kanye (with some help from new BFF Justin Vernon) and Lupe show the entire industry how to utilize an indie record and turn it into hip-hop gold. Let me know how many times you have “Lost In The World” and “The Show Goes On” on repeat.
JayeL Audio 11-02-10: DOWNLOAD (.rar)
1. Lupe Fiasco – The Show Goes On
2. Lykke Li – Get Some
3. The Go! Team – T.O.R.N.A.D.O.
4. Cee-Lo Green – Bright Lights, Big City
5. Robyn – Indestructible
6. Duffy – Well, Well, Well ft The Root
7. Josh Ritter – Long Shadows
8. Kanye West – Lost In The World ft Bon Iver
9. Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks
10. Shakira – Islands (the xx cover)
11. Lord Huron – Mighty
12. Foals – Blue Blood
13. Fyfe Dangerfield – Call the Shots (Live on BBC 2)
14. The Thermals – I Don’t Believe You
15. California Wives – Blood Red Youth
16. The Wombats – Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves)
17. Florrie – Give Me Your Love (Fred Falke Club Edit)
18. Stepdad – My Leather, My Fur, My Nails
19. Mumford and Sons – Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show cover)
20. Freelance Whales – Enzymes
21. Cee-Lo Green – Old Fashioned
Artwork by LJG, of course. Leave comments on your favorite tracks below.